The history of our business begins in 1924.
When our grandfather, Vassilis Michaelides, came with his family from Kastamoni * of Asia Minor sharing his knowledge in processing and wholesale trade of “erion” (wool of a young animal called “Aigos” goat in that region) known as “tiftiki”, sought after by the textile industry in England at that time.
Her daughter Polyxeni married Stavros Kammizoglou, a well-known wholesaler of European threads in Thessaloniki since 1938, and his granddaughter Eleni daughter of his daughter Erato, married Ilias Kamsizoglou, a pioneer of the textile industry in Athens.
From the two families, in 1958, Eriourgia Kamsizoglou SA was established in Thessaloniki with its managing director Ioannis St. Kamizoglou and was engaged in the production of knitting yarns by introducing whole wool and acrylic tops and raw material in a mass from Australia and New Zealand and by spinning them at its 2.500 sqm factory in Thessaloniki, between 271 Monastiriou Str. and 206 Giannitson Str.
The logos that label our products are always LANA-KAM or PLEKOKAM.
On this site we present the wide variety of types of domestic and imported knitting yarns, of exceptional quality, rich in noble natural fibers and at competitive prices.
* Antigoni Arsenis, editions <ZETA> 1997
KASTAMONI THE KOMNIN CASTLE
AN UNFORGETTABLE HOMELAND